GREETINGS PBC BROTHERS & SISTERS!
COME JOIN US ONLINE AS WE MEET FOR PRAYER ONCE AGAIN EVERY SATURDAY AT 8:30 AM
If you do not have a copy of the prayer list, do contact church office or your CG leader. Sign in as early as 8:20 am to prepare your spirit to meet the Lord in prayer.
Meeting details below:
Topic: PBC Prayer Meeting
Time: 08:30 AM Kuala Lumpur
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 890 2659 8540
SATURDAY MORNING PRAYER
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES
This is a guideline for those leading (the Prayer Leader [PL] for the morning prayer) the virtual morning prayer meeting at PBC every Saturday morning.
Presently, the prayer meeting starts at 8:30 AM.
The host (normally one of the church staff) will allow those coming for prayer to enter the virtual meeting room from 8:20 AM. This will serve to ease the anticipated slight congestion at 8:30 AM.
Participants will engage in light conversation while waiting for others to turn up. It gives an opportunity for worshippers to catch up with each other.
The host will also schedule the prayer meeting, manage the meeting platform, vet incoming participants, let latecomers in and manage the music and screen sharing, etc.
Role of the Prayer Leader (PL)
The PL should send out the “Call to Prayer” notice generated by the Zoom platform, latest by Thursday morning weekly. Please liaise with Kum Man in this regard.
He/she should enter the room by 8:20 AM, to welcome everyone and catch up.
At this time, the host will set the platform microphone for everyone to “Unmute”. The participants should also set their video cameras to “On” to enable all participants to be seen.
At or just after 8:30 AM, the welcome, the PL should explain the following:
The flow of the meeting shall be
- Scripture reading.
- Opening prayer.
- Worship song(s).
- Sharing of ad-hoc prayer items.
- Breaking into Rooms.
Other Points to Note:
- For scripture reading, the PL may select the passage which appears at the top of the prayer list or a portion of his own choice.
- During the singing of the worship song(s), please inform everyone they will be muted. The PL shall choose the songs. Normally two songs should suffice.
- After the worship songs the PL should ask if anyone would like to share any prayer item other than those on the WPF. They may share with everyone present, keeping it brief. Those who do share should be encouraged to also type this prayer request in point form onto the chat section of the platform for the benefit of everyone.
- The PL should also encourage anyone who wishes to share God’s answer to their prayers to do so, as an encouragement to everyone present.
- PL should also mention that after prayer in the break-out rooms, the participants may leave the meeting.
- Please take note of the date your group has been rostered. If you are unable to make it on that day, perhaps one of your group members would like to lead the prayer meeting.